10.18.2010

Matched

I’ve never believed in soul mates. I’m not even sure I do now. I’ve always liked to believe that there are many people in the world that would compliment me nicely, and that whichever path I choose will lead me to one of them.

I never thought I would find this kind of love. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would find someone I feel so perfectly matched to.

There is no specific incident in recent memory that is causing me to bubble forth ooey-gooey-ness about the man I love. There wasn’t a specifically romantic moment that caused my heart to explode, or a random event that made me twitter patted.

No… it is a thousand, seemingly miniscule occurrences that impact me daily.

It is the way he always cooks my dinner first, then his own, in our very tiny pans.

It is the way he encourages me about my future, and our future.

It is the way he always lets me have the green comfy couch to lay on when I want to read.

It is the way he smiles when he sees me smile.

It is the way he knows me, and my quirkiness, and the thoughts I have, sometimes before they are fully completed in my own mind.

It is these small things, and as I said earlier, a thousand others, that remind me daily why I have fallen so in love with him. I couldn’t express accurately in words, no matter how verbose I might become in the future, how I truly feel about him. Even at the risk of sounding cliché, the love I feel for him is beyond words.

Thank you, man that I love, for being you, and for loving me.

No comments: